Are you an employer seeking skilled talent to fill your industry’s skill gaps?
OIC of South Florida Employment Services acts as the intermediary between OIC clients, workers and employers, with the stated goal of matching the companies' needs with the client and workers' skills and interests. We are not a recruiting agency working to generate a fee for service by introducing you to a skilled talent pool. However, we are an agency seeking to meet your company needs after fact-finding and strategic planning to tailor to meet your needs. Let us be an industry steward to your account and make talent pool matches that will positively affect your company’s bottom line.
How do we do it?
- We will vet our data base of clients to match the intended job description
- We will assess that pool with evidence based assessments and ensure we are training on the interest of those clients to match them in job opportunities. profiling services
- Interviewing and screening services
Career Pathways and the importance of pathway development
- IRES model – concept of building career progression
- OIC uses an integrated approach; personal needs, academic skills, career focus, employability skills, career and technical skills, job entry skills and any advance skills.
- Assess workforce barriers – needs training, housing, transportation, education, etc.… Understanding the workplace – digital age, inventive thinking, effective communication, high productivity
- Career Lattice – Food service, clerical, Culinary, General Construction, Hospitality, Logistics, and Retail. Visual and career progression to motivate and build buy-in of our clients to their industry sector match.
- Following the OIC workforce competency model of which is 3 components: Academic – TAB assessment, Technical – RAISECX mynext move interest profiler (John Hollins) and LSCMI risk assessment (criminogenic risk and job readiness), and Personal effectiveness – accuvision assessment soft skills based upon 14 work behavioral characteristics
We will service your needs throughout Broward and Miami Dade Counties.
- There are benefits to working with OIC employment services. We want to help you understand programs that assist you as an employer seeking to maximize your time and efforts with our agency; connecting businesses with appropriate state, federal and local incentives for hiring and retaining staff.
Here are examples of the benefits we understand to support your organization.
Federal Bonding - A business insurance policy protects the employer in case of any loss of money or property due to employee dishonesty. It is like a “guarantee” to the employer that the person hired will be an honest worker.
Federal Tax credit - The Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) is a Federal tax credit available to employers for hiring individuals from certain target groups who have consistently have difficulty finding employment.