Volunteers make an extraordinary impact on OIC's students and their families.
Working with Students
- Tutor students. Some students need extra support in specific areas.
- Mentoring. Almost all OIC students face daunting barriers to achieving a better life for themselves and their families. Mentors guide students through challenging times in their lives and offer advice.
- Assist teachers in class instruction.
Working with Staff
- Help maintain OIC records, such as its aggregation report and Performance Statistics and maintain student files.
- Assist with receptionist duties, such as welcoming visitors and answering calls – often OIC’s first contact with students and partners.
- Help staff enhance relationships with OIC’s partners.
- Register to be an employer partner to increase access to employment opportunities for our graduates
- Work Experiences/Internships
- Industry Partners – Join Our Industry Advisory Council
- Build Connections With Community Resources
- Leveraged Resources
- Evaluative Support
- Assist in activity related to the Annual events and fundraiser.
- Assist in preparing grant proposals and in making solicitations.
- Recommend new board members and assist in board recruitment.
- Support OIC’s by being a guest speaker, assisting coaches, providing meals and snacks, and telling parents about OIC’s programs and classes.
- DONATIONS –
- Support our youth programs by sponsoring a youth leader
- Transportation continues to be a challenge for our youth and adult participants – OIC is seeking - 2 passenger vans, 4 busses