YouthBuild applicants must reside in one of the following cities:
- Fort Lauderdale
- Pompano Beach
- Oakland Park
- Lauderdale Lakes
- Pembroke Park
- Dania Beach
- Hallandale Beach
YouthBuild applicants must:
- Be between the ages of 17 and 24 at the time of enrollment; and
- Have dropped out of high school (*see exception to this rule below).
In addition to those two criteria, a YouthBuild applicant must also be (*see exception to this rule below):
- A current or former foster youth and/or
- A youth offender and/or
- An adult offender and/or
- A youth who is an individual with a disability and/or
- A migrant farm worker youth and/or
- A child of an incarcerated parent and/or
- A low-income youth.
*EXEMPTION: Trainees that have a high school diploma or GED and/or is not a member of one of the targeted populations above but is basic skills deficient may still qualify for enrollment. Spaces for high school graduates with basic skills deficiency are limited and are on a first come, first serve basis.