It's time to change the conversation and Flip The Script on how we talk about our youth and the vision we have for them. We can help them to see the bright future that they have, the possibilities that lay before them and the potential that's within them. Let's elevate their aspirations! Calling all parents, teens, community leaders and organizations that are committed to and believe in our youth to be a part of this interactive summit co-facilitated by youth leaders who are ready to let their voices be heard and committed to action! We are so excited to be partnering with Broward County Schools on this great event!
"Flipping The Script" is a FREE two-day, Teen Prevention & Intervention Summit featuring activities that will encourage teens to - Use Your Mind, Not Your Body. Hosted by 99 Jamz’ Felicia Monet, the event also includes special guest speakers, spoken word artists and original youth art. Many more youth focused surprises will be announced closer to the event date. Continental breakfast and lunch will be served. Be part of the "Flipping the Script" experience and be empowered by the various breakout sessions and conversation stirring themed topics led by youth, young adults and OIC-SFL youth leaders.
Concentrated themes include:
- Raising Aspirations: Education, Career and Future Focus
- Enhance Educator awareness and capacity to support and implement Family Life and Human Sexuality Policy and curriculum
- Heighten Awareness of Prevention & Intervention Strategies
- Developing Positive Self-Image
- Media and the Adolescent Mind
- Looking at diversity, disparities and equity
- Strategies for Healthy Relationships
- Family Strengthening
- Parking Garage Rates Apply! (7 Hours - 9 Hours: $10; 9 Hours - 11 Hours: $12)
- Check-In starts at 7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. (Continental breakfast is served)
Day 1: Friday, September 25, 2015 - Attendees: Broward County School Educators/Administrators, Community Leaders and Partners in Prevention
Day 2: Saturday, September 26, 2015 - Attendees: South Florida Youth/Students, Broward County School Educators/Administrators, Community Leaders and Partners in Prevention